Monday, August 10, 2009

Gene Green is KILLING LIBERTY

US Congressman Restricts Town Hall Meetings

US Congressman Gene Green has announced that he is restricting attendance at his town hall meetings based on where you live and your civility.

I never in my life thought I would see the day in this - supposedly free nation - when a congressman would restrict who was in attendance in an open forum based on their residence and civility.

I hope that if you get nothing else from this post get this… GENE GREEN has restricted MY right to free speech based on where I live and his definition of civil discussion!  AND… SINCE HE HAS DONE IT TO ME, HE CAN SURE DO IT TO YOU!

I know this may be hard to believe when you consider this is America but take a look at the memo from Gene’s website :

“Town hall meetings are one of my favorite ways to communicate with constituents. I have held hundreds during my years of service in Congress and always welcomed everyone to attend. Unfortunately, due to a coordinated effort to disrupt our town hall meetings, we will be restricting further attendance to residents of the 29th Congressional District and verifying residency by requiring photo identification. Whether individuals agree or disagree, we must maintain order to have a civil discussion of the issues. While I regret this restriction, it is necessary for the safety and consideration of our constituents. Those who do not reside in the 29th Congressional should contact their Member of Congress to voice any concerns that they may have on issues before Congress.”

 

Source:http://www.house.gov/green/news_center/events.shtml

Blog Origination

If you are new reader please know that I started this blog to encourage political involvement. 

My message now is this:

If you have been politically idle… get involved. 

If you live in Gene’s district – you must stop this dictate. 

If you have done nothing… do something.

If you want your freedom – fight for it  now!

This must stop now before people like Gene push our country beyond the point of no return.

So… what I want you to know… the facts:

  1. I have been very vocal at Gene’s town hall meetings (see videos on previous posts).
  2. I have asked him questions about healthcare that he has refused to answer because I do not live in his district OR because he does not want people to know the truth (see videos on previous posts).
  3. I have seen no evidence that safety is a concern at his meetings.
  4. I AM NOT PART OF A COORDINATED EFFORT!
  5. Gene is an elected official acting in a public capacity.
  6. Gene is defining the terms of “civil discussion.”
  7. I do not live in his district.
  8. GENE’s vote affects every American – including me – not just those living in his district.
  9. Gene serves on committees to which I have no elected representative to carry my voice.  Thus, my only public input into his committee service is directly to him in open forums such as town hall meetings.
  10. Organized efforts brought liberty to a once oppressed people in 1776.

So you may be asking… what can I do… I am only one person:

  1. I can call my representative and voice my concerns about liberty!
  2. I can call congressman Green’s office and tell him I want people to be able to exercise free speech – even if i don’t like what they are saying!
  3. I can call 5 people and take them to the next town hall for the sole purpose of expressing my right of free speech!
  4. I can call both US senators, my state rep, my state senator, and the governor and ask them to publicly condemn Green’s action while encouraging them to take a stand for free speech!
  5. I can call any and every media outlet that will listen and ask them to report on what the congressman has done.
  6. I can show up at every political rally for Gene Green in the next election and voice my concerns there!!

Yesterday I wrote that our nation is really facing is about control NOT healthcare.  Today I say it with more certainty… it is so.

It is my estimation that too many people are sitting idly by waiting for someone else to get their hands dirty.  YOU MUST RISE…YOU MUST GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY - if you do not… there will be no one left to rise!!

If you are a constituent of Gene Green I beg you to show up at his next town hall meeting and raise your voice on his betrayal of the constitution.

Conclusion:

"First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."

- Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

 

No worries Ron - this will never happen here!

Until we meet again may God bless you and may God bless the United States!

2 comments:

  1. Just so I understand the Democrats reasoning...

    Photo ID for town hall meetings = good
    Photo ID for election day = bad

    Got it!

    ReplyDelete